Robert MacDermott - Consultant Gynaecologist
  About Me
  Conditions I Treat
  Information Leaflets
  Information for GP's

  KIMS Hospital
  Kent, ME14 5FT
  Email: Click Here

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

  What is Urogynaecology?
It is the study of female urinary incontinence and prolapse of the genital tract.

  What is a Urogynaecologist?
A Urogynaecologist is a doctor who has received training in Urogynaecology and who spends a substantial proportion of his/her working week investigating and treating urogynaecological conditions. They undertake relevant postgraduate study to remain up to date with the latest advances and regularly audit the outcome of the treatments that they provide.

  Are there any conditions that you do not treat?
Gone are the days when a gynaecologist would deal with every gynaecological problem. This enables us to develop areas of expertise. I no longer perform colposcopy (the investigation of an abnormal smear). I do not perform reversals of sterilisation. I do not perform IVF. I have an NHS Obstetric practice but I do not do private antenatal care or deliveries.

  Do you give advice via email?
I am happy to respond to your email and advise on simple matters. More complex matters are best dealt with by arranging a consultation.

  Home - About - Conditions - Info Leaflets - Info for GP's - Appointments - Contact - Links - FAQ's - Disclaimer
Designed by Medical Media Ltd